The Province is committed to protecting your privacy. Collection, use, disclosure and retention of information must comply with provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the Information Management Act. Collected personal information will only be used by those authorized to fulfill the purpose for which it was originally collected or for a use consistent with that purpose. We do not disclose information to other public bodies or individuals except as authorized by law. We keep the information only for the length of time necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected.
For further information about the collection and use of your personal information, please contact Information, Privacy and Access services at the Liquor Distribution Branch, 2625 Rupert Street, Vancouver BC, V5M 3T5 or call 604-252-3004.
BC Cannabis Stores Website
The Province recognizes the privacy concerns of visitors to this website and therefore advises visitors that the Internet is not a completely secure medium.
When you visit the Website, your Date of Birth (“DOB”) will be used to ensure you meet the age (19+) requirements. Your DOB is being collected pursuant to section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information Protection of Privacy Act but will not be stored in LDB systems. In addition the LDB web server automatically collects a limited amount of information to facilitate the operation and security of the Website. Some of this information (e.g., browser type) does not identify who you are, while other information, such as your Internet domain name or Internet Provider (IP) address may identify you. The extent of personal identification depends, in large part, on the "naming standards" followed by your Internet service provider. The LDB may also use non-personal information to determine total number of visitors to the Website.
The LDB is collecting your personal information (i.e. contact details and order information) in order to process your non-medical cannabis order, to send you updates on your order via email and to evaluate our e-commerce platform. The LDB may also use your email address to contact you about recalls, customer surveys.and future opportunities to receive promotional materials. This information is being collected pursuant to section 26(c) and 26(e) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have any questions about the collection of your personal information please contact the Privacy Officer , BC Liquor Distribution Branch, 2625 Rupert Street, Vancouver BC, V5M 3T5 or call 604-252-3004.
In regards to the Contact Us page, by submitting your email address on the feedback form, you consent to the LDB collecting your personal information and responding to you using the email address you provided.
MY LDB Account Privacy Notification
The LDB is collecting your personal information to manage your user identity and access permissions for LDB applications and to receive, process, and send your orders for delivery. This information is being collected pursuant to section 26(c)of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have any questions about the collection of your personal information please contact the Privacy Officer , BC Liquor Distribution Branch, 2625 Rupert Street, Vancouver BC, V5M 3T5 or call 604-252-3004
BC Cannabis Stores Customers
The LDB is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of the personal information you provide during transactions using the Website.
Only Collect What's Necessary
- The personal information you provide will only be used to fulfill the purpose for which it was originally collected or for a use that is directly related to that purpose.
- The LDB only collects the personal information that is necessary for the service(s) you are seeking from the Website.
- A limited amount of your personal information is collected when you place an order online, when you contact our Customer Care Centre for assistance, when you use your debit or credit card to pay for your purchase and when you return product.
Your Personal Information is Safeguarded
- Information is kept only as long as necessary for the purposes it was collected and for any legal requirements, after which it is destroyed in a timely and secure manner.
- Access is restricted to authorized personnel who need the information to perform their duties.
- LDB work processes ensure that personal information is not disclosed to unauthorized parties.
- Electronic data in LDB computer systems is protected against unauthorized access and the data is transmitted over secured networks.
Share Information with Others Only When Required
- Personal information is not rented or sold to any third parties.
- LDB does not disclose information to other organizations, businesses or individuals except as authorized by law and in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.